Saturday, December 21, 2013

HORSE SENSE by Lapo Melzi review

Horse Sense Cover Final vbr15

HORSE SENSE


There’s nothing easy about being an eleven year old boy, especially for Jamie. As he takes the unsteady steps into adolescence, his days of knowing who his friends are and trusting the adults in his life are numbered. The only thing Jamie can really count on in this changing world is the love of his best friend, a horse named Acorn. Jamie and Acorn’s friendship has a magic that comes once in a lifetime—but the bullies around them want to rip that to shreds. Can their kindred connection survive as Jamie strives to carve out his identity?
amazon-button button-barnes-and-noble kobo-button copyHorse SenselibrarythingAdd book

*The Paperback is also available on AmazonUKDEFRITES.
**The Zazzle Store is also localized in: CAUKDEESFRPTSENLATCHBEAUNZJPKRBR.
READ THE FIRST TWO CHAPTERS

About this author

Lapo Melzi is a poet, writer and filmmaker. He grew up in a little town in the north of Italy and went on to study writing and filmmaking in New York. He received his MFA from renowned NYU Tisch School of the Arts and now spends his time between the United States and Italy.
I've moved!Come say hello on my new website.


My Review:
I was bullied in school and I had a cat. I can really relate to having a pet that makes you smile and helps you get through tough times. At one point I had 3 cats and 3 Shih Tzu's. Nothing beats the companionship of pets. The author did a great job of capturing how I felt. Jamie goes through a lot, and he also grows as a character. This is a coming of age story as well. This book should be in Guidance offices everywhere. Bullying is growing, and there is even cyber bullying now. There needs to be more books like this one. I am giving this book a 5/5. I was given a copy to review, however all opinions ate my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment